Sunday, June 08, 2008

Boston Camp 2008





June, 2008


Hello Fellow Alumni,


I had the pleasure of teaching this summer at the Boston Boot Camp 2008 with Cindy Biron, and what a wonderful experience it was. I could see the campers where feeling all the things I felt back in 2006 in Harrisburg, Pa. They were excited and stimulated by all the information and the chance to share with fellow colleagues. The Boston Camp had 37 attendees, 8 of whom where RDH's attending the hands on instrumentation course pictured above. I had the privilege of working with Ginny Wagner, first year clinical coordinator, Tallahassee Community College. I was so happy to see how much these ladies got out of the camp. Many came with physical complaints due to ergonomic issues they wanted to have addressed, and others simply wanted to experience an alternative instrumentation technique that was more effective with less operator fatigue. I am happy to post their course evaluations comments below:


"Precision in Periodontal Instrumentation gave me a new appreciation for my scaling technique and will help me in my career longevity."


"This is the only instrumentation course you will need. This course was the most hands-on with one on one instruction I have ever attended. Spreading it out over two days allowed the information to sink in and help perfect the technique by day two. I highly recommend this course to all hygienists, new & seasoned."


"I will take away so much valuable information that will benefit not only my patients with more effective instrumentation, but will also benefit me ergonomically and lengthen my years in the field."


"Being fresh out of hygiene school, I was skeptical as to how much I would benefit from this course. I thought it would be a helpful review of techniques learned in school, however it was so much more than that. I was so impressed by the techniques presented; they were smart, logical and nothing like I learned in school. I highly recommend this course."


"Thank you for a great instrumentation workshop! I learned how to remove calculus with finesse vs. bullying it off! As the camp progressed, I developed a much lighter grip with more tactile sensitivity."



"Thank you for opening the door to a whole new way of thinking. I am excited to impliment this new way of scaling on Monday morning."



The remainder of the attendees were educators who went to a Teaching Methodology course, Accreditation seminar and also had a hands on workshop taught by Cindy, Christine Dominick - faculty Mass College of Pharmacy and Robin Matloff - faculty Mount Ida College. Each camp becomes more informative and inclusive, see the main website for a detailed description of current camps. http://www.dhmethed.com/id13.html



Please feel free to post comments, suggestions or just a hello, we would love to hear from you!


Sincerely,



Marianne Dryer


Marianne Dryer, RDH
Cape Cod Community College
West Barnstable, Ma
mdryer@ccccd.edu


No comments:


Blog Archive